Author: Dr. Venkat Subramaniam
Publisher: Pragmatic Bookshelf
Date: October 2016
- Write tests that focus on the important things, like the pre-conditions, the invariants, complex logic, and gnarly edge cases.
- Design asynchronous functions using automated tests.
- Decouple and mock out intricate dependencies such as the DOM, geolocation API, file and database access, and Ajax calls to remote servers.
- Test code that uses Node.js, Express, MongoDB, jQuery, and AngularJS.
- Know when and how to use tools such as Chai, Istanbul, Karma, Mocha, Protractor, and Sinon.
- Create tests with minimum effort and run them fast without having to spin up web servers or manually edit HTML pages to run in browsers.
- Explore end-to-end testing to ensure all parts are wired and working well together.
Follow @bookwatchiprog on Twitter or subscribe to I Programmer's Books RSS feed for each day's new addition to Book Watch and for new reviews.
To have new titles included in Book Watch contact BookWatch@i-programmer.info