According to the announcement was made on the Open Source at Google blog notes that JS Test has the following features:
- Fast startup and execution time, without needing to run a browser.
- Clean, readable output in the case of both passing and failing tests.
- An optional browser-based test runner that can simply be refreshed whenever JS is changed.
- Style and semantics that resemble Google Test for C++.
- A built-in mocking framework that requires minimal boilerplate code (e.g. no $tearDown or $verifyAll calls), with style and semantics based on the Google C++ Mocking Framework.
- A system of matchers allowing for expressive tests and easy-to-read failure output, with many built-in matchers and the ability for the user to add their own.
(Click to enlarge)
For more information see the JS Test project page and its getting started page.
To be informed about new articles on I Programmer, subscribe to the RSS feed, follow us on Twitter or Facebook or sign up for our weekly newsletter.