A Profile of Women Gamers - Social, Sexy and Happy
A Profile of Women Gamers - Social, Sexy and Happy
Written by Kay Ewbank   
Thursday, 24 November 2011

If you’re sitting at your keyboard trying to work out the ideal game to write to appeal to the typical online games player, you may have the wrong image in mind.

 

According to a recent survey from Gameshouse, more than half (55%) of online gamers (people who play online games on their computer, social networking sites, or mobile devices) are women. The survey then went on the provide a profile of these female gamers and revealed the typical modern online gamer as a woman in a serious relationship who works out, is more social than non-gamers, plays games in the evenings, and has more sex than a woman who doesn’t play online games.


 

women who game

According to the survey, 86% of the female gamers use social networks, and 38% are mothers with children under the age of 18. Another finding that may alter your imagined target audience is the fact that while 36% of the female gamers surveyed were aged between 18 and 34, the remaining 64% were aged over 34, with 23% aged over 55.

 

womengamers

 

So when you’re planning that next killer game, you should be thinking of a player who’s a woman with kids, friends, and a partner, playing games in the evening. It may expand your potential avatars!

 

 

To be informed about new articles on I Programmer, subscribe to the RSS feed, follow us on Google+, Twitter or Facebook or sign up for our weekly newsletter.


 

Banner


Is Your Degree Worth Its Cost?
20/09/2017

Reporting findings of a survey that some will find controversial, Stack Overflow suggests that developers are increasingly unlikely to recoup the cost of a university education. Stack Overflow urges t [ ... ]



Fluid Passwords - Never The Same Password
08/09/2017

Despite lots of predictions that passwords are on their way out, they still form the basis of most security. The problem is that even with strict rules about changing them, passwords tend to persist f [ ... ]


More News

 

 

Last Updated ( Thursday, 24 November 2011 )
 
 
Banner

   
Banner
RSS feed of news items only
I Programmer News
Copyright © 2017 i-programmer.info. All Rights Reserved.
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL License.