JetBrains has released version 6 of its productivity extension for Visual Studio.
It also introduces a bundled decompiler together with enhanced navigation and code analysis in VB.NET. It has new code inspections to find runtime bugs in C# code; extends and streamlines navigation and search; makes available new refactorings and code transformations; and raises the level of XAML and unit testing support.
ReSharper 6 also adds a set of new filters in the Find Results window that you use to focus on specific kinds of occurrences while searching for usages. For example, if you're searching for usages of a method, use the new Show Base Method Calls filter to restrict search results to calls to its base method:
(Click inside to view)
To summarize, ReSharper 6 highlights include:
• Navigation and search improved with new features and usability enhancements
• Bundled decompiler with the entire range of ReSharper navigation inside
• New refactorings and code transformations, including transforming LINQ to loops
• Multiple new code inspections and quick-fixes for C#
• Auto-importing namespaces on pasting code
• Code quality analysis and quick-fixes for VB.NET code
• Multiple unit test runner improvements
• Bug fixes and new actions in XAML support
For more information and to try the software free for 30 days see What's New in ReSharper 6.
If you would like to be informed about new articles on I Programmer you can either follow us on Twitter or Facebook or you can subscribe to our weekly newsletter.