The Android 7 release (New York Cheesecake) boasts significant new features and enhancements for both smartphone and tablet applications. J. F. DiMarzio takes a hands-on approach to teaching you how to create Android applications for the latest OS and the newest devices, including both smartphones and tablets. Backed by real-world examples he goes through all phases of Android application development, from getting acquainted with Android Studio to publishing to the Marketplace.
Author: J. F. DiMarzio
Publisher: Wrox Press
Date: October 2016
- Shows you how to install, get started with, and use Android Studio 2
- Addresses how to display notifications, create rich user interfaces, and use activities and intents
- Reviews mastering views and menus and managing data
- Discusses working with SMS
- Looks at packaging and publishing applications to the Android market
Follow @bookwatchiprog on Twitter or subscribe to I Programmer's Books RSS feed for each day's new addition to Book Watch and for new reviews.
To have new titles included in Book Watch contact BookWatch@i-programmer.info