Now fully updated for the latest version of Blender, the book walks you through every step of creating a 3D animated character with Blender, and then compositing it in a real video using professional workflow. In this new edition author Oliver Villar covers the powerful new selection and modeling tools, as well as high-efficiency improvements related to painting, texturing, shading, rendering, and performance.
The book has full-color, hands-on chapters that cover every aspect of character creation: design, modeling, unwrapping, texturing, shading, rigging, and animation. He walks you through integrating your animated character into video, using professional camera tracking, lighting, and compositing techniques, and there's a companion website to help you master even the most complex techniques.
Author: Oliver Villar
Publisher: Addison Wesley
Date: April 2017
Audience: Blender programmers
Category: Graphics & Games
- Apply Blender’s updated user interface, navigation, and selection techniques
- Create your first scene with Blender and the Blender Render and Cycles render engines
- Organize an efficient, step-by-step pipeline to streamline workflow in any project
- Imagine a character’s personality and appearance, and use 3D modeling tools to create it
- Master texture painting workflows: before and after unwrapping
- Bring your character to life with materials and shading
- Create your character’s skeleton and make it walk
- Start animating characters with keyframes and Blender’s animation editors
- Use Camera Tracking to mix 3D objects into a real-world video
- Transform a raw rendered scene with retouched colors, effects, and mixes
- Get started with particles, hair simulations, and other advanced features
Follow @bookwatchiprog on Twitter or subscribe to I Programmer's Books RSS feed for each day's new addition to Book Watch and for new reviews.
To have new titles included in Book Watch contact BookWatch@i-programmer.info