This pocket guide is a reference to standard features of the Java programming language and its platform. Author Robert James Liguori guides you through programming examples, tables, figures, and lists, including Java 9 features such as modular source code and the new JShell interactive command-line REPL. The book also provides material to help you prepare for the Oracle Certified Associate Java Programmer exam.
Author: Robert James Liguori
Date: Sept 2017
Audience: Java developers
- Quickly find Java language details, such as naming conventions, types, statements and blocks, and object-oriented programming
- Get details on the Java SE platform, including development basics, memory management, concurrency, and generics
- Use new features in Java 9, including modular source code and JShell
- Browse through information on basic input/output, NIO 2.0, the Java collections framework, and the Java Scripting API
- Get supplemental references to fluent APIs, third-party tools, and basics of the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
For recommendations of Java books see Java Books For Beginners in our Programmer's Bookshelf section.
Follow @bookwatchiprog on Twitter or subscribe to I Programmer's Books RSS feed for each day's new addition to Book Watch and for new reviews.
To have new titles included in Book Watch contact BookWatch@i-programmer.info