This book, subtitled "Build Taller, Farm Faster, Mine Deeper, and Automate the Boring Stuff", is an introduction to coding that teaches you how to program bots to in Minecraft. Author Al Sweigart takes the robotic "turtle" method, and extends it to the 3D, interactive world of Minecraft and shows how to create a virtual robot army with Lua. Step-by-step coding projects show how to write programs that automatically dig mines, collect materials, craft items, and build things.
Author: Al Sweigart
Publisher: No Starch
Date: May 2018
Audience: Minecraft enthusiasts
Category: Graphics & Games
- Program robots that make smart decisions with flow control
- Reuse code so that your robots can farm any crop you want, including wheat, sugar cane, and even cacti!
- Program a factory that generates infinite building supplies
- Design an algorithm for creating walls and buildings of any size
- Code yourself a pickaxe-swinging robotic lumberjack!
- Create a robot that digs mine shafts with stairs so you can explore safely
Author: Johnny Long, Bill Gardner & Justin Brown
Audience: hackers, defenders, curious people
Reviewer: Ian Stirk With regular breaching of websites/data in the news (e.g. eBay, Three, VTech), this book should be of interest to many.