This book combines a language-agnostic introduction to foundational Spark concepts with extensive programming examples using the PySpark development environment. Author Jeffrey Aven covers all aspects of Spark development, from basic programming to SparkSQL, SparkR, Spark Streaming, Messaging, NoSQL and Hadoop integration. He also covers the management of all forms of data with Spark: streaming, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured. Concise topic overviews and extensive hands-on exercises prepare you to solve real problems.
Author: Jeffrey Aven
Publisher: Addison Wesley
Date: June 2018
Audience: Python developers wanting to learn Spark
Category: Python and Data Science
- Understand Spark’s evolving role in the Big Data and Hadoop ecosystems
- Create Spark clusters using various deployment modes
- Control and optimize the operation of Spark clusters and applications
- Master Spark Core RDD API programming techniques
- Extend, accelerate, and optimize Spark routines with advanced API platform constructs, including shared variables, RDD storage, and partitioning
- Efficiently integrate Spark with both SQL and non-relational data stores
- Perform stream processing and messaging with Spark Streaming and Apache Kafka
- Implement predictive modeling with SparkR and Spark MLlib
For recommendations of Python books see Books for Pythonistas and Python Books For Beginners in our Programmer's Bookshelf section.
For recommendations of Big Data books see Reading Your Way Into Big Data in our Programmer's Bookshelf section.
For more Book Watch just click.
Book Watch is I Programmer's listing of new books and is compiled using publishers' publicity material. It is not to be read as a review where we provide an independent assessment. Some, but by no means all, of the books in Book Watch are eventually reviewed.
To have new titles included in Book Watch contact BookWatch@i-programmer.info
Follow @bookwatchiprog on Twitter or subscribe to I Programmer's Books RSS feed for each day's new addition to Book Watch and for new reviews.