This practical guide shows different ways to create visualizations that bring context and a sense of time to streaming text data. Author Anthony Aragues introduces the concepts and tools needed to build visualizations for analyzing data as it arrives.The topics ride the line between design and development because they are both integral in presenting comprehensible data.
Author: Anthony Aragues
Date: July 2018
Audience: Data scientists and developers
Category: Data Science
- Determine your company’s goals for visualizing streaming data
- Identify key data sources and learn how to stream them
- Learn practical methods for processing streaming data
- Build a client application for interacting with events, logs, and records
- Explore common components for visualizing streaming data
- Consider analysis concepts for developing your visualization
- Define the dashboard’s layout, flow direction, and component movement
- Improve visualization quality and productivity through collaboration
- Explore use cases including security, IoT devices, and application data
For recommendations of Data Science books see Reading Your Way Into Big Data in our Programmer's Bookshelf section.
For more Book Watch just click.
Book Watch is I Programmer's listing of new books and is compiled using publishers' publicity material. It is not to be read as a review where we provide an independent assessment. Some, but by no means all, of the books in Book Watch are eventually reviewed.
To have new titles included in Book Watch contact BookWatch@i-programmer.info
Follow @bookwatchiprog on Twitter or subscribe to I Programmer's Books RSS feed for each day's new addition to Book Watch and for new reviews.