This comprehensive guide for SQL Server DBAs has been updated for SQL Server 2019. Author Peter Carter includes coverage of new features such as Memory-optimized TempDB Metadata, and Always Encrypted with Secure Enclaves. Other new content includes coverage of Query Store, resumable index operations, installation on Linux, and containerized SQL.
Author: Peter Carter
Date: October 2019
Audience: SQL Server DBAs
Topics covered include:
- Install and configure SQL Server on Windows through the GUI and with PowerShell
- Install and configure SQL Server on Linux and in Containers
- Optimize tables through in-memory OLTP, table partitioning, and the creation of indexes
- Secure and encrypt data to protect against embarrassing data breaches
- Ensure 24x7x365 access through high-availability and disaster recovery features
- Back up your data to ensure against loss, and recover data when needed
- Perform routine maintenance tasks such as database consistency checks
- Troubleshoot and solve performance problems in SQL queries and in the database engine
Pro SQL Server Administration
For recommendations of SQL Server books see Pick Of The Shelf - SQL Server in our Programmer's Bookshelf section.
For more Book Watch just click.
Book Watch is I Programmer's listing of new books and is compiled using publishers' publicity material. It is not to be read as a review where we provide an independent assessment. Some, but by no means all, of the books in Book Watch are eventually reviewed.
To have new titles included in Book Watch contact BookWatch@i-programmer.info
Follow @bookwatchiprog on Twitter or subscribe to I Programmer's Books RSS feed for each day's new addition to Book Watch and for new reviews.