This book teaches how to develop web applications with Python and Django through four professional level Django projects. Author Antonio Melé teaches Django 3 features, how to solve common web development problems, how to implement best practices, and how to successfully deploy applications. The projects are a blog application, a social image bookmarking website, an online shop, and ...
an e-learning platform, with step-by-step guidance in integrating popular technologies, enhancing applications with AJAX, creating RESTful APIs, and setting up a production environment for Django projects.
Author: Antonio Melé
Publisher: Packt Publishing
Date: March 2020
Audience: Python developers
- Build real-world web applications
- Learn Django essentials, including models, views, ORM, templates, URLs, forms, and authentication
- Implement advanced features such as custom model fields, custom template tags, cache, middleware, localization, and more
- Create complex functionalities, such as AJAX interactions, social authentication, a full-text search engine, a payment system, a CMS, a RESTful API, and more
- Integrate other technologies, including Redis, Celery, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, and Channels, into your projects
- Deploy Django projects in production using NGINX, uWSGI, and Daphne
- Implement advanced functionalities like a full-text search engine, a user activity stream, or a recommendation engine
For recommendations of Python books see Books for Pythonistas and Python Books For Beginners in our Programmer's Bookshelf section.
For more Book Watch just click.
Book Watch is I Programmer's listing of new books and is compiled using publishers' publicity material. It is not to be read as a review where we provide an independent assessment. Some, but by no means all, of the books in Book Watch are eventually reviewed.
To have new titles included in Book Watch contact BookWatch@i-programmer.info
Follow @bookwatchiprog on Twitter or subscribe to I Programmer's Books RSS feed for each day's new addition to Book Watch and for new reviews.