Author: T.J. Crowder
Date: July 2020
- Explores the latest syntax: nullish coalescing, optional chaining,
class syntax, private methods, private fields,
new.target, numeric separators, BigInt, destructuring, default parameters, arrow functions,
await, generator functions,
... (rest and spread), template literals, binary and octal literals,
** (exponentiation), computed property/method names,
for-await-of, shorthand properties, and others
- Details the new features and patterns including modules, promises, iteration, generators, Symbol, Proxy, reflection, typed arrays, Atomics, shared memory, WeakMap, WeakSet, and more
- Highlights common pitfalls and explains how to avoid them
- Shows how to follow the improvements process and even participate in the process yourself
- Explains how to use new features even before they're widely supported
For more Book Watch just click.
Book Watch is I Programmer's listing of new books and is compiled using publishers' publicity material. It is not to be read as a review where we provide an independent assessment. Some, but by no means all, of the books in Book Watch are eventually reviewed.
To have new titles included in Book Watch contact BookWatch@i-programmer.info
Follow @bookwatchiprog on Twitter or subscribe to I Programmer's Books RSS feed for each day's new addition to Book Watch and for new reviews.