This is a no-fluff guide to C# 8.0 for programmers at all levels of experience. Well known author Mark Michaelis presents a tutorial and reference for the entire language. This edition adds discussions of null reference types, indices and ranges, static local functions, and enhanced pattern matching. The book includes key C# 8.0 enhancements, succinct examples to illustrate key constructs, and new coding guidelines for minimizing bugs and writing code thats easier to evolve.
Author: Mark Michaelis
Date: October 2020
Audience: C# developers
- Use structured programming constructs to write functioning code immediately
- Learn both the complexities and solutions to nullable reference types
- Thoroughly master C# object constructs, including classes, inheritance, and interfaces
- Reduce code redundancy with generics, delegates, lambda expressions, and events
- Take full advantage of collections, including the new standard query operator collection API
- Make the most of reflection, attributes, and the declarative programming paradigm
- Improve multithreading with the task-based async pattern and C# 8.0 asynchronous streams
- Enhance performance through the parallel processing of data and multithreading tasks
- Program complex types with enhanced pattern matching syntax
- Interoperate with unmanaged code written in other languages, including C-based APIs
- Explore the relationship between C# programs and the underlying CLI runtime
Essential C# 5.0
For recommendations of C# books see C# Books - Pick of the Shelf in our Programmer's Bookshelf section.
For more Book Watch just click.
Book Watch is I Programmer's listing of new books and is compiled using publishers' publicity material. It is not to be read as a review where we provide an independent assessment. Some, but by no means all, of the books in Book Watch are eventually reviewed.
To have new titles included in Book Watch contact BookWatch@i-programmer.info
Follow @bookwatchiprog on Twitter or subscribe to I Programmer's Books RSS feed for each day's new addition to Book Watch and for new reviews.